Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Threadbare

I was folding my towels this morning and noticed how ratty many of them have become. They are about as absorbant and as helpful as handing someone a paper towel to dry off with, but for whatever reason I can't seem to throw them away.  I continue to wash, dry, fold, and use them.  Maybe it is because I can relate to these towels. (It is a little scary to me that I am relating to my laundry.  First a pillow and now a towel.  I think it is a sign that I do too much laundry, but I digress, back to the blog.)  These towels are worn down. They are filled with holes and tears others are almost transparant.  I feel like these towels look.  Like life has used me to sop up its messes.   I feel like I am sopping up one mess only to find another one waiting for me just around the corner.   Each new mess causes another little hole or a new tear to appear.  Some holes and tears were caused by other people using me to try and sop up their own messes. There are days when I am just left  feeling threadbare.  But, my Jesus is good.  Even when I am feeling about as useful as a paper towel He continues to lovingly wash me, dry me, and use me.  In my torn up, ratty, filled with holes threadbare condition, He can still use me.

2 comments:

I love to get feedback and hear what you think. Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with me. I would like to get to know you.