Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Rain Has Come

The rainy season is upon us here in the Pacific Northwest.  For many that is something to groan and gripe about.  For me it is a reason to rejoice.  I love the rain.  I love to watch it pour down.  To hear it splashing against the ground.  When roads are empty I love to drive in it.  I love the sound it makes against my van's metal roof and the way it runs willy nilly across my window.  I even like walking in the rain.  I like the way it soaks into my hair and clothes when I know a warm shower is soon to follow.  It is refreshing and cleansing.  It allows growth.  It washes all the dust away.  I am a person who needs the rain. 

Today was a hard day.  Today, I needed the rain.  My body aches, my heart aches, my mind aches, and my soul aches.  There are so many things I don't understand.  So many questions that go un-answered.  Driving home today I took notice of the rain.  It didn't bring me answers or stop the aches and pains, but it brought me comfort.  Thank you Lord for the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get feedback and hear what you think. Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with me. I would like to get to know you.