Saturday, October 30, 2010

It's the simple things....

I am a pretty simple person. Well, maybe that isn't quite true.  I can actually be rather complex and confusing, but in some things I am simple.  One of those ways is that simple things bring me pleasure.  My Mom (God bless her!) came over today so that I could go to the store without having to bring the herd, I mean children, with me.  I had planned to just quickly run and buy a dayplanner, but on the way out the door she said, "Don't feel the need to rush, just take your time and enjoy yourself." (God bless her doubly for that!) So, I did.

I took my time and meandered through the store.   I went to Fred Meyer's, a store that I rarely go to, so it was fun to look around.  They have started putting out their Christmas things.  I love to look at all things Christmas.  It is one of those things that just makes me happy.  So, I looked and smiled, and took my time.  From Christmas stuff I mosied over to the socks....ahhh yes, you know I couldn't resist the lure of the sock isle.  I decided to splurge and be daring.  I picked up not 1, but 2 pairs of socks, and not just any old socks, but toe socks and placed them in my cart.  I felt like a kid who had just been given a huge jar of candy.  Those fuzzy little bits of funkiness in my cart made me so happy that I even decided to go and try on some clothes. (If you know me very well, you know that I am not one who is given to shopping for myself.  I almost despise it.  It has the potential to crush me to dust if I am unable to find something that looks halfway decent on me.) 

I actually ended up buying some.  Yes, I said buy (try not to fall out of your computer chair sister.)  I know, I am amazed myself.  I found 2 pairs of jeans that I loved on me.  The best part of all is that they were both a size smaller than the last time I bought jeans!  Woo hoo! Gotta love that!  Then I also found a shirt and a sweatshirt that I liked on me too.  Ah-MA-ZING! 

The thing that really put it all over the top though, was that when I went to the check out counter they had a "buy 2 get 1 free" on socks deal.  So I grabbed a fun little pair of Christmas socks as well.  Now that is what I call a great day full of simple pleasures! 

I am loving the toe socks by the way.  Now, if my barely existant baby toe would just stay in its section I would be even happier! 

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome sister! It makes me extremely happy to know that you had a good day, and a good shopping day at that. Way to go on the smaller jeans sis! Love you, and God bless our mom for being so awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to get feedback and hear what you think. Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with me. I would like to get to know you.