Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Come to me

I stand at the throne of God, tugging at His robe.  As I look up at Him my eyes are filled with pain to great to bear.  Without a word needing to be spoken He picks me up and cradles me tightly in His arms.  I lay my weary head against His chest breathing in His scent of peace and comfort.  Patiently He waits for me to speak as He lovingly strokes my hair.

"I hurt." I say in a whisper barely audible.

He wraps me tighter within His arms placing kisses atop my head.  "I know you do My child. I know."

I close my eyes and rest, finding comfort in being held.

Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28

1 comment:

I love to get feedback and hear what you think. Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with me. I would like to get to know you.