Tuesday, May 6, 2014

When you question your calling (Beautiful Rubbish guest post)

Beautiful Tales from the Rubbish Heap
When you question your calling

Four years ago come August I started a blog.  I wasn't sure who was going to read it, if anyone, but I knew I needed to write.  My heart was locked behind a tower and writing was the crack in the wall through which it could find a means of escape.

I named my blog, Praise the Lord and Pass the Calgon.  Praise the Lord, because faith is a large part of who I am. Pass the Calgon, because the thing I wanted most of all was to be taken away... "Calgon, take me away!"... mostly from myself.

The more I wrote the more I let my heart slip through the crack in my wall.  I shared hard things.  I wrote of depression, abuse, self-harm, and counseling.  Always keeping the hope of faith intermingled with the hard of life.

And then I fell.  I fell hard.  And by fell, I mean like running straight towards a cliff and jumping off of it without a parachute...............

Will you all please join me for the rest of this story over at my friend Amber's blog, Beautiful Rubbish.  She is ever so graciously hosting me there for her Tuesdays in May blog series titled "Tales of Beauty from the Rubbish Heap" in which she has invited some fellow bloggers to share their stories of redemptive beauty with her readers. When you have finished reading the rest of my post you would be doing yourself a favor to click around and read some of Amber's words as well.  They will not leave you empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get feedback and hear what you think. Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with me. I would like to get to know you.