Friday, April 12, 2013

Five minute friday (Here)

Here I am.  2 years and 4 months later.  It is strange to see the numbers set down like that.  In some ways it feels so distant  and in others it feels like it is just behind me and if I turn around I might slip back into it.

Here I am.  My arms no longer covered in bruises dark.  I can run my fingers over them and and there is no tenderness to the touch.  My mind is no longer consumed with thoughts of knives cutting deep and sinks filled with blood.

Here I am.  Moving into the tomorrows, with an eye on the yesterdays, and my heart firmly planted in the today's.  No longer scared of the breathing.

Here I am.  Finding my voice after almost a year of silence. 

Here I am.  Here I am.  Here I am.

Can you hear me?  I am here and I am breathing.

Linking with Five Minute Fridays.


Five Minute Friday

8 comments:

  1. Wow. Love this. Short, sharp and to the point. You saw so much and point to a much bigger story in so few words. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I am glad you stopped by. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. May this be a sweet season of peace, healing, and hope ...

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, I truly appreciate your blessing.

      Delete
  4. So glad you are here now, instead of there. Look forward, lean on the Lord, be strong and courageous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I hear you louder and deeper than you could know but more importantly God hears yous. Than you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my goodness, Karmen. "I am here and I am breathing." This is just so... so powerful, for lack of a better word, friend. I am so, so glad that you are here and you are breathing. So glad that we can hear you. I do love your voice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get feedback and hear what you think. Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with me. I would like to get to know you.