Saturday, March 16, 2013

Q & A





Q: If you had to pick three objects in which to describe yourself with, what would they be?

A: 1.a crumbling brick from a castle wall: because I have built up many walls, crumbling because I am trying to take them down.
2. a large old stone fireplace: because when it is tended to it is warm and inviting; a gathering place for warmth and comfort. When it is unattended it is cold, empty, filled with ashes, and lonely.
3. the ocean: because it is vast and full of depth, but most of its treasures are hidden deep. It can be tomultuous and churning or it can be calm and still. It has many dichotomies to it: beautiful and devestating, teeming with life and empty, life producing and destructive.

Q: If you could go anywhere in space and time, real and imagined where would you go?

A: Imagined: I would choose to go to Narnia. It is a world that I could relate to as a child reader. I would love to go and chat with the four pevensie children. Well really only two of them. Lucy and Edmond are the ones I always gravitated to. They were sort of the extremes of our human natures. Lucy innocent, honest, trustworthy, excitable; you would root for her. Edmond selfish, betrayer, but later redeemed. Free but he never forgot the cost of his freedom. And of course there is Aslan. The redeemer. He made Jesus relatable to me, less abstract somehow. What child enchanted with the stories has not wanted to bury their face in the mane of him, to feel his large velveted paw on their skin. To look into those eyes that took all of you in, the good and the bad and still you would feel loved as if every atom in your whole being was made more alive at that moment. (that is how I envision it anyways). Those Jesus eyes. You are aware of all of your wrongs, but they wash out of your body and down your skin, off your toes and into the ground and instead you become awashed in love and your heart leaps because it is the feeling of being known to your uttermost core and being loved all the more in the knowing. I could go on and on, allowing myself to get lost in that world.

Reality: I am not sure. I love mountians, water (not beaches), and forests. Somewhere green and lush. Places where silence and wonder meet. Places where I can get to know myself and God better.

Q: What is one thing you would want the world to know about you?

A: That I am worth getting to know. I am worth your time if you are willing to invest it in me.



* So, what questions would you ask? And what are your answers to these quesitons?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get feedback and hear what you think. Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with me. I would like to get to know you.