Thursday, February 3, 2011

So Far So Good....

My appointment today went well.  Dr. Reece seems very nice and understanding.  I was surprised by how young she is.  I must say it feels a bit odd going to a therapist who is younger than I am.  She was receptive to my blog "book" though and said that it will be very helpful to her (you were right Jane and Li'l-bit) since a lot of the questions that she was asking have already been covered in so many of my personal blogs and some of the blogs from here. 

She already gave me some advice on how to start changing some things.  I am looking forward to seeing what will come from this new adventure of sorts.  She did tell me that I may not be able to remember the Shadow since I was so young.  She said that most first memories for people start around age 5 or 6.  People who remember things between the ages of 3 and 4 are a smaller percentage.  For people to remember things that happened between age 1 and 2 is pretty much un-heard of.  She also said that earlier memories tend to be a sign of intelligence.  That last bit surprised me actually.  I am still holding out hope that I can remember and deal with what needs dealing with.  My body remembers, something in the recesses of my mind remembers, so it is there and if it is there then there must be a way to bring it back up into the forefront of my memory.

I will keep you posted how things progress.  It should be an interesting road to walk if nothing else.

2 comments:

  1. i don't know if this will be helpful, but my sister's very first memories are from right before her second birthday. i will pray that you can recover what you need to heal and not anything more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never know. My first memory is of my brother's birth when I was 16 mo old. I don't remember him but the weird events around his birth-my mommy being gone all night, my grandma coming from CA, a new doll. It turns out that all of these events coincide with his birth. But I too will be praying that God allows you to remember what will be beneficial to your healing and not one bit more. Trust Him to guard your mind and your memory.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get feedback and hear what you think. Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with me. I would like to get to know you.