Wednesday, November 16, 2016

It's Not Your Fault

I know you saw his face the other night.  You didn't expect it. You definitely didn't want to. But there it was when and where you least expected it. You went out to have fun and suddenly your night was ruined.  Your heart and mind sent into the past, into the hurts, into the confusion.

I am sorry.  I am sorry that someone else's selfish desires were more important to them than your innocence.  Your rights.

I am here. You are not alone. I know it feels like it when the tears come streaming and the pain can't be shoved down.  

I know the confusion that swirls around the events. The way your mind twists what happened making you question your part in it.  It wasn't you.  It wasn't right.  He was wrong.  Not you.  I will shout that over and over for you to hear above the shame that you somehow think is yours to bear.

IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT!

IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT!

IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT!

I can see you trying to piece together the shattered image of who you were before. I can see you feeling broken and unsure of who you are now and your place in this world. I will whisper over the doubts for you.

YOUARE NOT A REFLECTION OF HIS ACTIONS!

YOU ARE NOT A REFLECTION OF HIS ACTIONS!

YOU ARE NOT A REFLECTION OF HIS ACTIONS!

You don't have to be strong alone.  
I am here. 

When the voices rise up to lie to you about what happened. 

I am here. 

When shame and doubt blur the lines between the way he treated you and who you think you are. 

I am here.
I am here to be the words you need to hear until you can say them for yourself.

You are loved. You are seen.  You are not alone. It's not your fault.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for these supporting, validating assurances, Karmen. So many of us need to hear this. And now I say the same back to you - "You are loved. You are seen. You are not alone. It's not your fault." Blessings and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get feedback and hear what you think. Please feel free to share your thoughts and stories with me. I would like to get to know you.